Monday, May 15, 2006

Oh really?

The other day I was driving down Staples Mill Road when I spotted a license plate reading "2QT2BST8". Intrigued, I pulled up beside the car at a stoplight to take a gander at the chick driving.

Yeah...No. Speaking for all straight people, I'd say we aren't too saddened by the loss.

A few days later, I saw a bumper sticker that read "God is a Race Fan". Huh. Who'da thunk?

Since my last post, literally eons ago, there've been a few occurrences in my life to note:


  • Little A has now moved into his crib and is sleeping in his own room. We've had over a week's worth of (mostly) uninterrupted sleep. The past few nights, however, he's decided that 2 a.m. is a good time to be wide awake and wants everyone in the house to join him in this endeavor.
  • There were two "firsts" for Little A: First party-a cookout in honor of Jeff and Evelyn's impending nuptials. First trip- to Williamsburg where he finally got to meet Shana and Chad. He had a blast at both. As we like to say, that boy loves an audience.
  • Last weekend along with Chris H and Adrian, I ran in the Race for the Cure 5k. I definitely struggled a lot more this year versus last, and I guarantee I did not finish with as good a time. There were a ton of idiotic walkers up at the start line with us; dodging and evading them for about the first 1/4 mile burned up a ton of my energy. It was hard to find my running stride after that. But despite my slowness, I finished the race without stopping and without falling down, two of my general goals when running.
  • As of today, I am back on a full time schedule which also means that Little A is in full-time daycare. I am trying not to think too much on the later statement because it fills me with worry and sadness. This change in my life also means frequent trips to the mother's room for pumping. Just call me Bessie.

Those are the biggies.

Looking ahead there's:

  • The Wedding. We are still trying to figure out logistically how to coordinate our baby's care. We are going back and forth on whether or not he should join us at the church and/or reception. Either way, I don't want my in-laws saddled with him for too long, nor do I expect them to execute our rather elaborate bedtime ritual. Such are the quandaries that new parent's face. Plus, sometime between now and then I need to paint my toenails.
  • My grandmother is hopefully moving to Richmond in about a month. For the first time in my life I won't have to drive 7+ hours to visit with her. On the flip side, as Adrian pointed out, Alastair will probably never get to visit Grundy. At least not for a long time.
  • In June, we are hoping to take Alastair to Irvington and on his first overnight trip. The notion excites and scares me. I only hope that between now and then we can wean him off being fully swaddled to go to sleep. But I can't wait to lounge in the swing with my boy, feeling the breeze on our face and watching life slowly pass by the front porch.

Of course, the most exciting update is... GO ELLIOTT!! Our boy has made it to the top three, propelled by an awesome performance on Elvis night. Let's hope he can maintain that momentum and boot The Queen of Vocal histrionics, Katherine. I hear that if Elliott makes the final two, a giant viewing party might be organized at the Coliseum. Sweet. It's just pretty darn thrilling that despite his humble attitude and less-than-model-perfect looks, Elliott has managed to stay in the competition. GO ELLIOTT!

No comments:

Blog Archive