Monday, February 20, 2006

Regroup! Regroup!

This morning's weigh-in: 169 lbs. Yeah, I'm off to a good start.

Operation Banish Baby Fat needs to get serious. In lieu of getting back on board with WW's, I've signed up for the 2006 SELF magazine Challenge. In 2004 I did the Challenge as part of Operation Skinny Bitch and it worked really well. I am going to follow their recommended workouts and try to follow their menus as closely as possible (without sacrificing the health of Little A).

My food choices need a little changing since I fell off the wagon during pregnancy. Like switching back to skim milk and non-fat yogurt. No more fun snacks like cookies and brownie bites. Being stuck at home all day isn't going to make this any easier. The kitchen sings its siren song to me constantly.

I'm going to do this. I swear.

In other news, I don't feel like an "old mom" at thirty thanks to this crazy woman. Sheesh. She'll probably be in a nursing home when her kid graduates from high school.

My mom and dad came over Friday for a brief babysitting session so Adrian and I could have a date (brief though it were). It was nice to have some together time but at the same time weird. The past few weeks have been so consumed with Little A, it took us some time to remember hos to have a conversation about something other than the baby.

Yesterday, Alastair turned four-weeks-old! We celebrated by laying on the bed and having him play with his mommy's hair. That boy is so much fun.

No comments:

Blog Archive