Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Room 38 redux

You might have heard that I am back in the slammer. I woke up Monday with a fever and got readmitted. For the past two days, I've been running and breaking fevers in excess of 103 degrees. Yeah, it's been fun. According to my blood cultures, this time around I actual have a bacteria growing in my blood, so this isn't your typical neutropenic fever. The White Coat Folks have got me on a plethora of antibiotics trying to kill whatever is troubling me.

So pardon my general absence from the interwebbies. Having high fevers sucks the life out of you. All I've wanted to do is lie in bed and stare into space or watch cable TV.

And to top all of this off, poor Lucy, our sweet black cat, had to be taken to the veterinary's office for overnight treatment. Her cold wasn't getting better, and she really hadn't eaten in days. When Adrian took her into the docs, she was dehydrated and showing signs of possible liver damage. She has been making a slow recovery, but she's still not out of the water. Please keep my darling girl in your prayers.

4 comments:

JamieSmitten said...

Dammit Janet! That is not the news that I wanted to read this evening. Rest up -- and that goes for Lucy too.

MelodyLane said...

I hope you get better soon. Stupid bacteria. My felines and I send good, healthy thoughts to your Lucy.

I hope things are better soon.

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon. Hope your drugs are knocking out that fever.

Carol

Anonymous said...

Sending love to you and Lucy! I get to play with your darling dear tomorrow while your dad goes to the dentist. I'm looking forward to it ~ your kid is the coolest.

Thanks for spending time with me Sunday (and for moving to the front so I could actually talk to you). I hope my party didn't contribute to the fever. It really would've been lacking something had you not been there.

Love you!

Blog Archive