Friday, June 22, 2007

Five For Friday

Five New Things I Am Loving Right Now

1. My blaze orange iPod shuffle: Adrian got this for me before the Monument Ave 10K. Not only is it brilliant for running, but I just love groovin' around the house with it. It holds a fairly decent amount of music and is insanely more portable than the other Pod incarnations.

2. My custom Converse One Stars: After four years, I finally had to give up my old pair of One Stars after holes started popping up in the suede. In vain, I looked for a suitable replacement pair. Then I discovered that you can customize your own pair at Converse.com. They were a wee bit pricey, but worth it.

3. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock: As a fair-skinned lass, I am always on the search for good sunblock. This shit is the bomb. Apply it without getting slime all over your hands, plus coverage is much more even. I put this on before spending five hours standing around on a asphalt parking lot for a church yard sale. No sunburn at all. Amazing. One caveat though: spray yourself in a well-ventilated room. Otherwise there'll be a lot of hacking and weezing.

4. Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt: You're probably like me and have a gazillion old t-shirts. Concert tees. high school events. college events, baby tees with goofy logos or sayings. My clothing storage facilities are bursting at the seams with them. This book gave me the inspiration to re-purpose them rather than chuck them in the trash. Plus, I'm able to preserve the nostalgia factor and without needing more Rubbermaid tubs.

5. Our new driveway: Smooth expanse of white concrete replaces gravel pit. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Blog Archive