Tuesday, September 12, 2006

You can't overlove your underwear

I'm lovin' this weather. If only things could stay this comfortable all fall. I'd be happy as a clam.

Little A's learning to wave and beginning to really practice his waving. Especially for some reason on strangers and not his family.

In somewhat of a quandry over our Halloween party this year. I mean, we can't not have one, but there are some logistical issues to overcome. Will Alastair make an appearance? Will he be shipped off to the G'rents? My idea right now is to host a dinner party with light fare the Saturday before Halloween that starts around 6:30 p.m. That was Little A can have a bit of spotlight before retiring to either bed or G'rents. Also, our guest can slip out to attend other fetes if necessary.

Last weekend, we finally moved my Grandmother to Richmond from Grundy. This has been a plan over a year in the making. I think the death of my uncle and my Grandmother's illness over Christmas settled her mind on the issue. There was just this little thing about selling her house, finding a place here, editing and packing up 50 plus years of stuff, and then the moving. My dad, Adrian, my uncle and I drove out Friday night, had the truck loaded by 11:30 a.m. Saturday, and made it to Richmond around 6:30 p.m. that night (At least my grandmother and I did. I drove her in her vehicle.). Whew. A lot of driving and a lot of intense "family time". I'd say this weekend was something like eating the juice concentrate right out of the can instead of diluting it with water. All day Sunday, I my stomach literally ached from all that family concentrate. Bluh. But my grandmother's here now. So I get to see her more often that I ever have in my entire life, and as an added bonus she can snipe over my parenting skills with every one of those visits. Ah, that charming insane asylum known as family.

A few days ago when I went to get some art framed at Michael's I was finally slapped with the realization that my fundage is now severely limited. The framing was a little more costly than I was prepared for and blew my entire budget. Lordy, this whole having no income thing is going to suck. Now who knows when I can buy those cute Rocket Dog shoes or the pretty wrap dress from Macy's. Dang.

No comments:

Blog Archive