Monday, June 05, 2006

Welcome to June

It's looking like June at Casa Amos is going to be a little less chaotic than May. Aside from a graduation party, we really don't have any committments. Weekends are free for relaxing. This weekend we are busting out of town to have our first post-Alastair overnight trip. The in-laws are lending us their house in Irvington. If all goes well, we'll be there Thursday night and return some time on Sunday. I am looking forward to lazy days spending hanging out with Little A, reading, taking walks, and eating some good food. No committments, no housework. A real vacation. Irvington's one of the few places where I can honestly relax, probably because there's not a whole lot to distract me. My only worry is that Alastair will have trouble snoozing in a different location. Guess we'll just have to see...

Speaking on the Little A, at his checkup a couple of weeks ago, he tipped the scales at a whopping 18 lbs. He's 25 3/4" long. My bruiser of a little boy. Since his fever two weeks ago, he has also been successfully sleeping through the night unswaddled. We put him in a little sleep sack to keep him covered. I don't know quite what he thinks of the sleep sack, but it is funny to see him waking up, lifting his legs, and then contemplating the wall of fabric where his legs once were.

Proof positive that my kid is just the cutest: Adrian and I were at Stony Point enjoying some Starbucks treats. Little A was strapped to my chest in the Bjorn and wearing his Old Navy baseball cap. A gaggle of Japanese teenagers were grinning and ogling Alastair's cuteness. One of the girls approached me and asked, "Can I take a picture of your baby?"

My son is the cutest. Ever.

Operation BBF has stalled. I stopped weighing myself for a few weeks and since returning to the scale, I hovered consistently around the 158-159 lbs mark. Finding time to workout since going back to work full-time has been a real challenge. Once I am home I want to spend as much time during his waking hours with Little A as possible. After he is put to bed, I am normally too drained and have too much stuff to do to even consider running or working out. Sometime soon, I'll be getting a jogging stroller so that should help. Food-wise, I am having trouble being focused on my choices. It was so much easier when I had the WW's system telling me how much food to eat. I have been tempted several times to sign back up for the WW program, but as much as I want to get rid of my gut, I also don't want to hinder my milk production. What I've discovered about myself is that I need to a framework for a diet, enough to keep me honest. This going it alone stuff just isn't working. I've got to figure something out soon. These extra lbs are bringing me down.

Sigh. Must I resign myself to being a plump mommy, forever longing for those halcyon Pre-Baby Skinny Jeans Days?

No comments:

Blog Archive