Thursday, August 11, 2005

I Want Candy!

Finally went to see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and was very entertained. Johnny Depp was marvelous, but then again he's Johnny Depp. When has he not been marvelous? The ending was a little overly sentimental and there was no "I want an Oompa Loompa Daddy!" Overall, I enjoyed it. There will always be a special place in my heart for the Gene Wilder version. He's just a deliciously insane Willy Wonka.

Today in the lobby of my building I spotted a man coming out of the elevators wearing shorts, t-shirt, and half-laced tennis shoes with no socks. I can only assume he works here because he wasn't wearing the "Visitor" badge. I had to wonder why I even try looking nice at work when these asshats can come in dressed like high school kids at Beach Week. Granted, I'm wearing a linen skirt from H&M and platform heels from Old Navy, but at least I look put together! I've got style dammit!


Another interesting chapter in Turtleman/Gareth's f*cked up family life. Monday, he left work early to, as he put it, "Take his daughter to an appointment." I found out the next day from a co-worker just what the appointment was all about. Apparently, Gareth's wife The Shrew decided that their daughter wasn't eating well enough and demanded that Gareth to take The Brat to a nutritionist. Okay. I've seen this kid; she's not starving. In fact she's a bit of a chuky monkey like her 'rents. This kid also goes to a speech therapist. I had the priviledge of once listening to The Brat prattle on for at least a full hour. She didn't have any problem flapping her yap then. Man, that is one weird family.

Spending a week with a gaggle of teenagers all flashing their phones constantly was peer pressure enought to convince me that it is time to step up. So today, I might just take the plunge and replace my almost five-year-old cell phone with a newer model. If the people at the Sprint store don't scare the crap out of me first. But I was a good girl and browsed the models before the movie yesterday to get an idea of what I wanted. Slowly, I am catching up with the rest of world. Still no cable television, however. That's my last bastion and I'm holding on mighty strong.

No comments:

Blog Archive